Policies for redevelopment (is it the required planning solution for the reality of urban environments)
The Iraqi city in general and the city of Baghdad, with its deteriorating urban reality, pose a planning and design challenge for urban planners and architects alike. An overview of the urban reality of the city today gives a clear picture of the urban and environmental degradation of the urban environment in Baghdad. The temporary and hasty solutions that have been implemented previously, in addition to the planning, design and development slowness that the city has suffered and still suffers, requires serious and comprehensive solutions to change the urban and urban reality of the city by following bold and comprehensive redevelopment policies. This paper attempts to present it through a review of the local and international experiences. Urban rehabilitation and rehabilitation of the urban environment of Baghdad, after years of neglect and war.
2. نصير, د. عاطف, (2004) "السياسات الإسكانيةبين الواقع وتطلعات المستقبل",بحث مقدم الى مؤتمر"الاسكان واقع وطموح" ,جامعة العلوم التطبيقية الأهلية عمان –الأردن.
3. نوري, علي حسن, (2005)" المنظور المستقبلي لمدينة بغداد 2030" 2005تقرير مقدم لامانة بغداد.
4. Altshuler, Alan, and David Luberoff. )2003(. Megaprojects. Washington : Brookings
5. Bruijne, Dick, DoreenvanHoogstraten, WillemKwekkeboom, and AnneLuijten, )2002(. Amesterdam, Southeast, Bussum, Netherlands : Thoth Publishers.
6. Cleaveland, Frederic N. )1967(. Congress and urban problems. Washington : Brookings Institution.
7. Fellman, Gordon. )1973(. The deceived majority. New Brunswick, NJ : Transaction.
8. Fainstein, Norman, Fainstein Susan S. )2009( ,“The Changing Character of Urban Redevelopment since 1945” Connecticut College, Harvard University.
9. Fainstein, Susan S & Norman, I. Fainstein. )1982(, Restoration & Struggle : Urban Policy and Social foces”9-20. Beverly Hills,CA : Sage
10. Gelfand, Mark I. )1975(. A nation of cities. New York : Oxford University Press. .
11. Harloe, Michael. )1995(. The people's home : Social rented housing in Europe and America. Oxford : Blackwell.
12. Heinz, Werner, ed. )1993(, Public private Partnership–Stuttgart : W. Kohlhammer.
13. Jacobs, Jane,)1961/1993(,”The Death and Life of Great American Cities”,New York : Modern Library
14. Judd, Dennis, and Michel Perkinson,eds. )1990(, Leadership and Urban Regeneration. Newbury Park,CA : Sage.
15. Khateeb & Alami, )2008) “Baghdad Comprehensive City Development Plan” : Baseline Phase I Report : August.
16. Plunz, Richard. (1990),A History of Housing in New York City. New York : Columbia University Press.
17. Schwarrtz. Alex F. (2006), Housing Policy in the United States. New York : Routledge.
18. Sassen, Saskia,(2001). ”The Global City”, 2nded. , NJ : Princeton University Press.
19. Wilson, James Q. , ed. (1966). Urban renewal. Cambridge : MIT Press.
20. Http : //www. Wikipedia. Megaprojects, retrieved (11/5/2011).
21. http : //www. businessballs. com/swotanalysisfreetemplate. htm, (20/6/2011).
22. https : //upload. wikimedia. org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Berlin_-Potsdamer_Platz_-_2016. jpg
23. https : //www. berlin. de/en/attractions-and-sights/3560662-3104052-potsdamer-platz. en. html
1. Eminent Domain. حق الاستملاك : ضوابط قانونية تجيز للدولة وضع اليد قسريا على منطقة معينة واخلاؤها وفق شروط معينة لاغراض التطوير. http : //www. Eminent domain
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License [CC BY-NC-ND 4.0] that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
AJNU is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of this journal website. The names, personal particulars and e-mail addresses entered in this website will be used only for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to third parties without the user's permission or due process. Users consent to receive communication from the AJNU for the stated purposes of the journal. Queries with regard to privacy may be directed to email@example.com.