Comparing Occupational Health and Safety Systems in Kurdistan Region and Turkey: Problems, Concerns and Solutions Related to the Systems
Keywords:Occupational Health and Safety, Kurdistan Region, Turkey, Threats, Risks.
In this study, we aim to compare the current Occupational Health and Safety(OHS) Laws and systems in Kurdistan Region and Turkey major business partners and having a huge Kurdish population and similar culture besides being close to each other. Turkey has made great improvements in the OHS in last 10 years to comply with European Union labor law. The problems and benefits of the law in the last 10 years in Turkey will be discussed and compared with Kurdistan Region. Kurdistan Region needs to develop a well-organized OHS system through considering Turkey OHS journey to improve the working life.
Aslan I. & Saçık E. (2018) Türkiye’de Uygulanan Mevcut İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği Sistemi Yeterli Mi?- Are Current Occupational Healthcare and Safety System Applications in Turkey Sufficient?, 9. Uluslararası İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği Kongresi, Istanbul, Turkey.
Aslan I. (2019) Bingöl İlindeki İnşaatlarda İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği İncelemesi- Occupational Health and Safety Investigation in Construction at Bingöl City, idRc 2019-International Disaster & Resilience Congress, Eskişehir,Türkiye.
CSGB( 2023), İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği Genel Müdürlüğü, https://www.csgb.gov.tr/sss/is-sagligi-ve-guvenligi/ (Access Date: 07.01.2023)
Donusumisg (2023) Kimler iş güvenliği uzmanı olabilir? http://www.donusumisg.com/isg-sikca-sorulan-sorular/kimler-is-guvenligi-uzmani-olabilir/ ( Access Date: 07.01.2023)
Güzey, Zafer (2014), `6331 Sayılı Yasa Çerçevesinde İş
Güvenliği Uzmanlarının Sorunları`, Mühendis ve Makina
Dergisi, Cilt 55, Sayı: 155,1.
Kayan, Y., Doğruyol, M., Gültekin, M. Ş., Celal, M., Gültekin, E. A., & Kuncan, O. (2017). `İş Güvenliği Uzmanlarının Yaşadıkları Sorunlar Üzerine Bir Araştırma.` Bilim ve Gençlik Dergisi, 5(2), 44-50.
ILO(2022) National file for occupational safety and health, Republic of Iraq 2023,: https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---arabstates/---ro-beirut/documents/publication/wcms_861841.pdf (Access Date: 15.01.2023)
Korkut, G., & Tetik, A. (2013). 6331 Sayılı İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği Kanunu'nun Getirdiği Yenilikler ve Temel Sorunlar. Suleyman Demirel University Journal of Faculty of Economics & Administrative Sciences, 18(3).
Koya University (2023) The Directorate of Health and Safety at Koya University,
Kurdistan Regional Government (2020) Health, Safety and Environment Manual Book for Construction Projects, https://govkrd.b-cdn.net/Ministries/Ministry%20of%20Housing%20and%20Reconstruction/English/Publications/Regulations/MOCAH-HSE-Between%201&%2010%20B%20Iraqi%20Dinar%20-%20V1.pdf (Access Date: 02.01.2023)
Kurdistan Regional Government (2022a) Quality Assurance, https://gov.krd/mohe-en/quality-assurance/health-and-safety/ ( Access Date: 30.12.2022)
Kurdistan Regional Government (2022b) Occupational Safety and Health report in Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) , https://www.jisha.or.jp/international/pdf/iraq2016_2.pdf ( Access Date: 30.12.2022)
OSGB (2023) Ortak Sağlık Güvenlik Birimi, https://www.osgb.com.tr/ (Access Date: 04.01.2023)
OSGBPro(2023)6331 Sayılı Kanun ve Uygulama Sorunları, https://osgbpro.com/blog/42-6331-sayili-kanun-ve-uygulama-sorunlari ( Access Date: 06.01.2023)
Orhan, Serdar (2014) `İş Güvenliği Uzmanlarının İş Güvencesi
Sorunu`, Emek ve Toplum Hak-İş Uluslararası Emek ve Toplum
Dergisi, Cilt: 3, Sayı: 6,70-89.
Pfo (2022) The relevant government officials in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region come to an end of their discussion on developing work mechanisms in the field of occupational health and safety, https://pfo-ku.org/index.php/news-activates/1331-the-relevant-government-officials-in-iraq-and-the-kurdistan-region-come-to-an-end-of-their-discussion-on-developing-work-mechanisms-in-the-field-of-occupational-health-and-safety ( Access Date: 30.12.2022)
Medicana (2023) İş Yeri Hekimliği Nedir?, https://www.medicana.com.tr/saglik-rehberi-detay/16510/is-yeri-hekimligi-nedir (Access Date: 07.01.2023)
6331 Law (2012) 6331 sayılı İş Sağlığı ve Güvenliği Kanunu, https://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/eskiler/2012/06/20120630-1.htm ( Access Date: 03.01.2023)
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs ( 2023) Organizational structure of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs https://gov.krd/molsa-en/ (Access Date: 15.01.2023)
Salahaddin University(2023) Health and Safety: https://su.edu.krd/hsd (Access Date: 18.01.2023)
Takaoğlu, Z. B., Kaya, E. Ç., & İri, N. Ö. (2018) `İş Güvenliği Uzmanlarının Yaşadığı Sorunlar`, Gümüşhane Üniversitesi Sağlık Bilimleri Dergisi, 7(2), 1-9.
TMMOB (2019), MMOB İş Güvenliği Uzmanlari Çaliştayi Sonuç Bildirgesi, https://www.emo.org.tr/genel/bizden_detay.php?kod=127337&tipi=2&sube= (Access Date: 07.01.2023)
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Academic Journal of Nawroz University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.