Maximizing profits in producing doors of all kinds in the Kurdistan Region, using the linear programming method (Al-Mustafa's lab is an applied model)
The aim of the research is to explore all capabilities and requirements aimed at developing small and medium industrial enterprises existing in the Kurdistan region, with the aim of raising the competitiveness of these projects and achieving the main goal of them, which is to establish a pioneering and advanced industrial base that accommodates the great material and human potential available in it. In order to reach this goal, the research dealt with ways to maximize the production of different types of doors, as it is one of the important small industries in the region on which many construction and reconstruction works depend on which a certain percentage of workers and investors depend. The issue of maximizing production is linked to more comprehensive issues related to the use of programming techniques. Perhaps linear programming is the best method for achieving these goals as a mathematical method used for the purposes of planning and making the best decision from among a group of alternatives proposed in using the available resources in an effort to increase the profit associated with increasing and maximizing production, as well as reducing the cost value to the lowest possible level in light of the limited resources available. . We can also describe it as a very important method to support the decision maker and enable him to make the best and correct decision based on scientific methods.
Among the different methods and methods of linear programming, the Simplex Method was used as the most appropriate way to reach the desired goal in light of the multiplicity of productive activities, which are the different types of doors (regular, tin, DMF) that are produced by the Mustafa factory located in the governorate of Dohuk, which was chosen As an applied model, in addition to the clarity of the linear relationship that links the variables that make up production and profits in such productive projects. The Win Qsb software package has been used in the analysis that includes different types of programming tools, including linear programming. The value for maximizing profits was in the production of DMF doors and its value (($ 73.8667), and the lowest value for maximizing profits was $ 39.4667), and it was in the production of regular doors. Among the most important reasons that have been diagnosed as the causes of the weakness of the local product are: (1) The entry of quantities of doors imported from outside the region, especially after the year 2003, and their sale at prices less than large The loss of the local product made it unable to continue in some sectors of production in the region, (2) the weakness of the material base for the growth of small local industries, including the door industry, and the state’s inability to support this vital sector, which made it unable to continue production, (3) interruption National Electricity and the great rise in the prices of petroleum products led to high production costs and made them unable to compete with the importer. This was reflected in the instability of the prices of the local product, unlike the prices of the imported ones.
2. Edward blocher, Kungh chen,Gar cokins.Thomas lin,2005,cost management strategic Emphasis,3Ed,McGraw-Hill Company, New York,YSA.
3. Ronald Hilton,Michael Mher,Frank Selto,2006,Cost ManagementStrategies For Business Decisions ,McGraw-Hill Inc,Company,New York,Usa.
4. Taha H.A,(2007) ,"Operations .Resarch An Introdution" , 8th , prantice Hall of India private Limited , New delhi.
5. A matt R, Depalma A., (2000), "Queuing Process" Tin Bergen Institute iscussion Papers for m Tin Bergen Institute.
6. Hillier / Lieberman, (2001) (8th, edition). Introduction to Operations Research .
7. Taha, Hamdy A. (1997) "Operations Research an Introduction" Prentice – Hall. Inc Simon and Schuster A Viacom Company.
8. Dakheel, F. I (1990),"A decision Support system for Single stage Markovian Queuing system " , Ph. D.thesis, University of Brad Ford; UK.
9. Evans, James R. (1992)"Applied production and operations Management ", edition,west publishing company; USA.
10. Hiller, Frederick S.& Lieberman Gerald J., (2001), "Introduction to operations Research", 7th edition, McGraw- Hill Inc. USA
11. Hall, Randolph W., (1989), "Expected performance of a Queuing System with Ancillary Activities", Operational Research Society Ltd.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.