بحث مستل Analyzing and measuring the impact of the exchange rate policy on the economic growth of Iraq economy For the period (2004-2021) using different frequencies models (MIDAS)
At the macroeconomic level ,the main objective for developing countries at the medium and long term is to reach sustainable economic growth. Reconsider the exchange rate policies related to local currency is one of the most importance variables in formulating the appropriate economic policy to reach this goal, while avoiding frequent adjustments in the exchange rate policy that have undesirable repercussions on the economy and the value of the local currency. As the exchange rate policy is considered the dynamic stabilizer of the components of the Gross Domestic Product GDP within the Iraqi economy that depend on oil revenue due to the currency is fixed against the dollar, which have a dominant rule. The prices of its imports rise in the national currency when the exchange rate of the dollar decreases against other currencies. Therefore, Iraq faced the pressures of the decline of the dollar and the rise in the price of oil, both are raise the general level of prices, the first through the rise of imported goods prices and the second as a result of the pressure of demand stimulated by government spending, which one of the main reasons that hinder economic growth, as when the state conduct the oil revenue in order to finance public spending, the total level of demand becomes on goods and services largely independent of the size of the economy. This study seeks to assess the impact of the exchange rate policy on economic growth for the period 2004-2021 by measuring this effect in the Iraqi economy using different frequency models (MIDAS). We recommend carrying out structural and financial reform of the economic sectors, and conducting some necessary mergers to create strong banking entities under oversight of a supervisory sector capable of using monetary policy tools to contribute to increasing economic growth rates.
قائمة المصادر :
Ghysels , Eric , Massimiliano Marcellino ,2018 , Applied Economic Forecasting using Time Series Methods , Published in the United States of America by Oxford University Press 198 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016, United States of America.
Hodrick, Robert J and Edward C. Prescott,1997 , Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation , Journal of Money, Credit and Banking ,Vol. 29, No. 1.
Kostrov , Alexander , 2020 , Estimating MIDAS regressions via MIDAS-NLS with revised optimization, See discussions, stats, and author profiles for this publication at:
Hamilton , James ,2017, Why You Should Never Use the Hodrick-Prescott Filter , https://econweb.ucsd.edu/~jhamilto/hp.pdf .
Jord`a. O, M. Schularick, and A. M. Taylor ,2016, The great mortgaging: housing finance, crises and business cycles. Economic Policy 31,
Schüler , Yves , 2018 , On the cyclical properties of Hamilton‘s regression filter , Discussion Paper Deutsche Bundesbank ,
Jahan , Sarwat, Ahmed Saber Mahmud,2013 , What Is the Output Gap? Economists look for the difference between what an economy is producing and what it can produce Finance and Development, vol. 50, no. 3,
Rodriguez, Francisco Jose Ledesma Et, 2014 , On Crises, International Trade and Exchange Rate Regimes, On the website:
Rose. K, Andrew ,1999 ,One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade, NBER Working Paper No. 7432.
Connor, Tony, 2013, Does entering or leaving a currency union affect bilateral Trade, The student Economic Review Vol. XXVII, 148.
Aizenman, Joshua, 1994, Monetary and Real Shocks, Productive Capacity and Exchange Rate Regimes, Economica, Vol. 61.p.34.
Broda, Christian, 2002, Terms of trade and exchange rate regimes in developing countries, Federal Reserve Bank of New York , Staff Report, No 148.
Edwards, Sebastian, Eduardo Levy Yeyati, , 2003 ,Flexible Exchange rates as shock absorbers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Working Paper 9867.
وزارة التخطيط ،2017، الجهاز المركزي للأحصاء ، مديرية الحسابات القومية : تقرير التقديرات الأولية للناتج المحلي الاجمالي والدخل القومي لعام 2015 .
وزارة التخطيط ،2021، الجهاز المركزي للأحصاء ، مديرية الحسابات القومية : تقرير التقديرات الأولية للناتج المحلي الاجمالي والدخل القومي لعام 2020 .
سامويلسون ، بول أ ، ويليام د. نوردهاوس ، 2001، الاقتصاد ، ترجمة هشام عبد الله ، دار الاهلية للنشر والتوزيع ،عمان ، الاردن .
نعمة ، سمير فخري ، 2010 ، العلاقة التبادلية بين سعر الصرف وسعر الفائدة وأنعكاسها على ميزان المدفوعات ، دار اليازوري العلمية للنشر والتوزيع ، الاردن .
حميد ، ستي ، 2017 ، استخدام نموذج الجاذبية في تقدير الإمكانات التجارية لدول منطقة المغرب العربي (الجزائر ، تونس ، المغرب ) ،أطروحة دكتوراه ، جامعة حسيبة بن بوعلي الشلف ، الجزائر.
محمد ، جبوري، 2013 ، تأثير أنظمة أسعار الصرف على التضخم والنمو الاقتصادي: دراسة نظریة وقیاسیة باستخدام بیانات بانل، أطروحة دكتوراه، جامعـة أبـي بكـر بلقايـد ، الجزائر .
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Academic Journal of Nawroz University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.