The position of the Iraqi press on the Mosul problem
Keywords:: Mosul problem , kurds, League of Nations, Iraqi press
As a result of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I (1914-1918)
and the formation of the Kingdom of Iraq under British guardianship, the problem of the state of Mosul between Iraq and Turkey emerged. The problem of Mosul occupied an important place in the interests of the Iraqi press, and this is evident from the articles and news that were published about them in the various stages of the problem until its fate was resolved by the League of Nations in 1925, and was able to affect the Iraqi public opinion, hence the importance of this research in identifying the position of the press on this issue and the role played in the creation of a public opinion supporting the arguments and demands of The Iraqi in the right to include them.
After a series of meetings and discussions, the League of Nations issued its final decision on the fate of Mosul province on December 16, 1925, which considered the Brussels line the border line between Iraq and Turkey, and by this decision the province of Mosul officially became part of Iraq, and the decision led to a wave of joy and a sense of victory translated into the pages of Iraqi newspapers.
اولا: الصحف العراقية:
1- العراق، العدد 1044، 20/10/1923 الى العدد 1713، 18/12/1925.
2- العالم العربي، العدد 97، 17/7/1924 الى العالم العربي، العدد 458، 18/9/1925.
3- المفيد، العدد 108، 25/5/1924 الى العدد 217، 8/ 10/ 1924.
4- الموصل، العدد 939، 19/ 1/ 1925 الى العدد 1078، 28/11/1925.
5- الاستقلال، العدد 287، 22/11/1923 الى العدد 730، 18/12/1925.
6- الاوقات البغدادية ، العدد 3767، 5/9/1924 الى العدد 3809، 25/10/1924.
ثانيا : الكتب العربية
1- كمال مظهر احمد، كردستان في سنوات حرب العالمية الاولى، ترجمة محمد الملا عبدالكريم،ط3،(اربيل،2013).
2- مجموعة من الباحثين السوفت، تاريخ تركيا المعاصر، ترجمة هاشم صالح التكريتي، (السليمانية، 2007).
3- زاهدة ابراهيم، دليل الجرائد والمجلات العراقية 1969-1978،(ط2،(بغداد،1982).
4- صبري فالح الحمدي، برسي كوكس والسياسة البريطانية في الخليج العربي 1915-1923)، ط الاولى،(بيروت،2016).
5- مير بصري، اعلام السياسة في العراق الحديث،ج1،ط1،(لندن،2005).
6- فاضل حسين، مشكلة الموصل..دراسة في الدبلوماسية العراقية-الانكليزية-التركية والرأي العام، ط3، (بغداد،1977).
7- ثامر عبدالمحسن العامري،موسوعة العشائر العراقية، ج 9،(لندن، 1991
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Shaima Muhamad Zaher
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.