The responsiveness of the capital investment decision to the returns quality characteristics
The study focused on testing the relationship between the capital investment decisions of industrial companies and future returns by introducing models for the quality of returns, given the quality of returns represented by stability in profits in the future period of time (returns). In order to test the research hypothesis, the characteristics of some types of quality of returns were measured for a sample of The industrial shareholding companies listed on the Iraq Stock Exchange for the period 2009-2017 using quarterly data, and in line with that, the study indicated a new entrance test to measure the quality of returns based on the investment decision, and more specifically the quality of returns was measured as the function and link to the changes in the size of capital investment Based on returns, it also depends on returns in evaluating investments through what the current returns contain in a predictive capacity of continuity of returns in future periods, and the study concluded that there is an effect of the quality of returns combined in the investment decision in capital expenditures and in salaries and wages, where the proportion of what is explained by the quality of returns Changes in the investment decision increase after qualitative characteristics are included Returns, and consequently, the quality of returns can be relied upon in the interpretation of the capital investment decision, just as it is possible to rely on the capital investment decision in salaries and wages and in capital expenditures to predict future returns, and the study suggests the importance of expanding the scope of the current study to include other financial sectors and markets, given the importance of the different application environment in Show the variation in the capital investment decisions made by management and according to the interpretation of the types of returns through them.
1. الجميل، سرمد كوكب، 2016، مراجعة منهجية في الفكر المالي، Noor للنشر، المانيا.
2. الجميل، سرمد كوكب، 2018، المدخل الى الأسواق المالية، شركة دار الأكاديميون للنشر والتوزيع، عمان، الأردن.
3. مجيد، محمد فوزي، 2015، استخدام نوعية العوائد مدخلاً لتفسير هيكل رأس المال-دراسة لعينة عمدية من الشركات المساهمة المدرجة في سوقي العراق وعمان للاوراق المالية للمدة 2010 الى 2014، اطروحة دكتوراه غير منشورة، كلية الادارة والاقتصاد، جامعة الموصل.
4. محمود، جمام ودباش، أميرة، 2017، أثر عدالة الإفصاح المحاسبي في ترشيد القرارات الاستثمارية- دراسة حالة عينة من المستثمرين ببورصة الجزائر-، مجلة دراسات وأبحاث، العدد 26، السنة التاسعة، جامعة أم البواقي.
.7المراجع باللغة الأجنبية
1. Abeysekera, Indra, & Ma, Shiguang, 2014, The Effect of Financial Status on Earnings Quality of Chinese-Listed Firms, Journal of Asia Pacific Business, Vol. 15, No. 2 .
2. AL Shar, Omar Zuhier & Dongfang, Qiu, 2017, Evaluations on the Earning Quality of Listed Firms in Jordan, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences , Vol. 7, No. 4.
3. An, Yo Han, 2009, The Effect of Corporate Governance on Earnings Quality: Evidence from Korea’s Corporate Governance Reform, PhD Thesis, RMIT University.
4. Ashjar, Sahar, & Kamyabi, Yahya, 2015, The study of the relationship between the quality of the management earnings forecasts and investment decisions based on earnings of companies listed in Tehran Stock Exchange, Jurnal UMP Social Sciences and Technology Management, Vol. 3, Issue.3.
5. Beisland, Leif Atle, 2009, A Review of the Value Relevance Literature, The Open Business Journal, Vol.2.
6. Bruun, Mark, 2016, Essays on Earnings Predictability, PhD Thesis, Copenhagen Business School.
7. Cerqueira, Antonio & Pereira, Claudia, 2017, Accruals Quality managers' incentives and stock market reaction: evidence from Europe, journal Applied Economics, Vol. 49, Issue 16.
8. Dechow, Patricia M. & Dichev, Ilia D., 2002, The Quality of Accruals and Earnings: The Role of Accrual Estimation Errors, The Accounting Review, Vol. 77.
9. Dechow, Patricia M. & Schrand, Catherine M., 2004, Earnings Quality, Research Foundation of CFA Institute, USA.
10. Feibel, Bruce J., 2003, Investment Performance measurement, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Second Edition, USA.
11. Francis, J., LaFond, R., Olsson, P., Schipper, K., 2004, Costs of Equity and Earnings Attributes, The Accounting Review, Vol. 79. No. 4.
12. Francis, J., Olsson, P., Schipper, K., 2008, Earnings Quality, Foundations and Trends in Accounting, vol 1, No 4.
13. Galimberti, Jaqueson Kingeski & Cupertino, C_esar Medeiros, 2009, Explaining earnings persistence: a threshold autoregressive panel unit root Approach, Munich Personal Repec Archive, Paper No. 14237, posted 24.
14. Gassen, Joachim & Fülbier, Rolf Uwe, 2014, Do Creditors prefer Smooth Earnings? Evidence from European Private Firms, Journal of International Accounting Research, Volume 14, Issue 2.
15. Katsuo, Yuko, 2008, Earnings Quality, Accruals and Subjective Goodwill Accounting, working paper, Gakushuin University.
16. Kolozsvari, Ana Carolina & Macedo, Marcelo, 2016, Analysis of the Influence of Income Smoothing over Earnings Persistence in the Brazilian Market, Journal of International Accounting Research, Third International Conference, São Paulo, Brazil.
17. Kwarbai J., Jayeoba, O., Ajibade A., Nwaobia A., 2016, Financial Reporting Quality on Investors’ Decisions, International Journal of Economics and Finance Research, Vol. 2, No.
18. Larrabee, David T. & Voss, Jason A., 2013, Valuation Techniques-Discounted Cash Flow, Earnings Quality, Measures of Value Added, and Real Options, John Wiley & Sons, Inc , USA.
19. Leal, L., Girao, L., Lucena, W., Martins, V., 2017, Persistence, value relevance, and accruals quality in extreme earnings and cash flow situations, Mackenzie Management Review, Vol. 18, No. 3.
20. Li, Feng, 2011, Earnings Quality Based on Corporate Investment Decisions, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 49, Issue 3.
21. Machdar, N., Manurung, A., Murwaningsari, E., 2017, The Effects of Earnings Quality, Conservatism, and Real Earnings Management on the Company’s Performance and Information Asymmetry as a Moderating Variable, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Vol. 7 , Issue 2.
22. Manganaris, Panayotis, 2011, Conservatism and Value Relevance: Evidence from the European Financial Sector, American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, Vol. 3, No. 2.
23. Melumad, Nahum D. & Nissim, Doron, 2008, Line-Item Analysis of Earnings Quality, Foundations and Trends- in Accounting, Vol. 3, Nos. 2–3.
24. Nezlobin, A., Sloan, R., Giedt,J., 2019, Measuring Accruals Quality: A Theoretical and Empirical Evaluation, Working Paper, in SSRN Electronic Journal.
25. Olugbenga, Adaramola & Atanda, Oyerinde, 2014, Value Relevance of Financial Accounting Information of Quoted Companies in Nigeria: A Trend Analysis, Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol.5, No.8.
26. Ranjbar, M., Mohebbi, S., Moosavi, S., 2013, The study of relationship between earnings quality and investment in capital assets on Tehran stock exchange companies, European Online, Journal of Natural and Social Sciences, vol.2, No. 3.
27. Sivaramakrishnan, K., Yu, Shaokun Carol, 2008, On the Association between Corporate Governance and Earnings Quality, Financial Accounting and Reporting Section (FARS) Paper, in SSRN Electronic Journal.
28. Tariverdi, Yadollah & Haji, Rezvaneh, 2015, The effect of poor earning quality on information asymmetry (Tehran Stock Exchange), Journal of Scientific Research and Development, Vol. 2, No. 7.
29. Virlics, Agnes, 2013, Investment Decision Making and Risk, Procedia Economics and Finance, Vol. 6.
30. Younis, S., Khalid, G., Nazir, M., 2016, Impact of Corporate Governance Measures on Earnings Quality: Evidence from Pakistan, Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol.7, No.3.
31. Yusrina, H., Mukhtaruddin, M., Fuadah, L., Sulong, Z., 2017, International Financial Reporting Standards Convergence and Quality of Accounting Information: Evidence from Indonesia, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Vol 7 . Issue 4.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.