The effectiveness of the investment law in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq in attracting foreign direct investment For the period 2006-2019
Keywords:Kurdistan region, investment law, foreign investment, investment environment
This study focused on identifying foreign investment bearings in Kurdistan region in Iraq according to 2006 investment law, and mentioning the contribution of these investments in the economic growth in the region considering that foreign investments have an effective role on the economic process growth in developing countries including Kurdistan region and the challenges the process faces because of the lack in it’s local capital which is necessary in investments funding, as well as the shortness of the professional manpower and advanced technology. The researcher considers that despite of the social and economic transitions that took a place in the region and the appropriate natural resources, geographic and climate for tourism, agriculture, trade and manufacturing, as a result the investment opportunities increase with high profits but, this can’t overcome the economic negativities of the central government in Baghdad which it’s economic depends mainly on oil exports. Whereas the investment environment in Kurdistan region didn’t become motivated in the wanted form that attracts many foreign investments except for some sectors, in this study the foreign and local investments that were attracted by the investment law were analyzed and led to a result that the highest capital invested was in Erbil and the least was in Duhok and, there was an imbalance in investments distribution also few of them were in the sectors of developing manpower and agriculture also, the investment environment including infrastructure, political and economic conditions have a direct impact on the investment decision making in choosing one country over another. The study recommends directing the investments toward villages and manufacturing sectors so that in investments become more comprehensive in spite of revising and evaluating all the investments projects to make sure they match the region investing policy, finally developing the investment environment in Kurdistan region.
Key words: Kurdistan region, investment law, foreign investment, investment environment.
قانون الاستثمار، حكومة اقليم كوردستان –العراق، مجلس الوزراء، هيئة الاستثمار، الرقم 4 لسنة 2006.
حكومة اقليم كورستان، الهيئة العامة للاستثمار، دور الاستثمار في اعمار اقليم كوردستان، 2012
دائرة العلاقات الخارجية لاقليم كوردستان العراق،2020.( http://archive.gov.krd)
فتحي محمد سليمان،(2004)، ادارة خطر سعر الصرف الاستثمارات الاجنبية المباشرة في دول العربية، رسالة ماجستير، كلية الادارة والاقتصاد، جامعة الموصل.
6الندوات والمؤتمرات العلمية
صلاح الدين حامد الحديثي وايمان احمد حسن، (2008)، الاعفاء الضريبي كعامل جذب للاستثمار الاجنبي في العراق، الندوة العلمية الضريبية الاولى، وزارة المالية.
بان صلاح الصالحي، (2011)، الاستثمار والاعفاءات الضريبية، كلية القانون، جامعة بغداد. https://www.iasj.net/[email protected]=68024
اشرف السيد حامد قبال، (2013)، الاستثمار الاجنبي دراسة تحليلية لاهم ملامحه واتجاهاته في الاقتصاد العالمي، دار الفكر الجامعي للطباعة والنشر.
باسم حمادي الحسن، (2014)، الاستثمار الاجنبي المباشر(FDI)،منشورات الحلبي الحقوقية.
سرمد كوكب الجميل، (2009)، معوقات الاستثمار في الدول العربية، دار العابد للطباعة والنشر.
سليمان عمر محمد الهادي، (2009)، الاستثمار الاجنبي المباشر وحقوق البيئة، الاكاديميون للنشر والتوزيع.
عميرويش محند شلغوم، (2012)، دور المناخ الاستثماري في جذب الاستثمار الاجنبي المباشر الى الدول العربية، مكتبة حسن العصرية للطباعة والنشر.
محمد غانم، (2011)، الاستثمار في الاقتصاد السياسي والاسلامي، دار الفكر الجامعي.
نزيه عبد المقصود محمد مبروك، (2013) الاثار الاقتصادية للاستثمارات الاجنبية، دار الفكر الجامعي.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Hawkar Ramadhan Issa, Ahmad M. Ismail
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.