Modified Lsb For Hiding Encrypted Kurdish Text Into Digital Image
Image files can hide text without their size being affected too much. This process called steganography which allows hiding text in images without any suspicions from intruders. This paper addresses an improved LSB substitution algorithm for hiding Kurdish text information written in text file into digital image as steganography technique. The algorithm consists of two main phases, the first phase holds the encryption of the Kurdish text message and the embedded technique while the second phase hold the message extraction followed by decryption to get the original code of each character. The algorithm contains many procedures to enhance this process. Least Significant Bit method is used to hide the Kurdish text, in order to keep the features and characteristics of the original image. Applying the proposed approach shows that it seems work in a best case by hiding and retrieving text from the digital image which is used as a carrier of this text. Delphi 2010 was used to simulate both encrypt-embedded phase and extract-decrypt phase, and the results were obtained with high and security which proved the efficiency of the algorithm, where the hidden Kurdish text didn’t make any distortion or change over the cover image.
2. Dr. Salman Abd Kadum, Tameem Hameed Abaidah, (2010), “Enhancement an Algorithm to Hide a text into a Digital Image as a Steganography Technique” https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=48620/
3. Kefa Rabah , (2004), “Steganography-The Art of Hiding Data”, Information Technology Journal ,Volume 3 (3): 245-269.
4. Nada Elya Tawfiq, baraa salim, (2015), “An enhanced steganography technique for crypting&hiding arabic text in to digital image”, Journal of university of Duhok, Volume 3, No. (1).
5. Ammar Odeh, Khaled Elleithy, Miad Faezipour, (2013), “Steganography in Arabic Text Using Kashida Variation Algorithm”,
7. Mr. Falesh M. Shelke1, Miss. Ashwini A. Dongre2, Mr. Pravin D. Soni3, February (2014), “Comparison of different techniques for Steganography in images “, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) Web Site: www.ijaiem.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Volume 3, Issue 2, ISSN 2319 - 4847].
9. Anwar H. Ibrahim, Waleed M. Ibrahim, January / February, (2013), " Text Hidden in Picture Using Steganography: Algorithms and Implications for Phase Embedding and Extraction Time", International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS ) (ISSN No : 2091-1610 ) Volume 7 : No : 3.
10. Cabinet.gov.krd , Retrieved 2016-03-01, "Kurdistan Regional Government (Kurdish article)".
11. Kyumars Sheykh Esmaili, (2013), “Sorani Kurdish versus Kurmanji Kurdish: An Empirical Comparison” Conference paper.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License [CC BY-NC-ND 4.0] that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
AJNU is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of this journal website. The names, personal particulars and e-mail addresses entered in this website will be used only for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to third parties without the user's permission or due process. Users consent to receive communication from the AJNU for the stated purposes of the journal. Queries with regard to privacy may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.