Blood Glucose Monitoring
Keywords:Diabetes, Insulin, Application, Android operating System
More and more services are becoming available on mobile applications under people’s finger tips making their lives easier and go smoother in this busy world. How about if that service could help to save someone’s life. The proposed application for diabetes patient type 1 to follow up the blood glucose. The application works on android operating systems. it is used to make easier monitoring and controlling the blood sugar through recording the blood sugar reading daily for four times, list the reading into a table as well as there is a graph to show the rate of blood sugar comparing with normal level. This idea was chosen because the diabetes is one of the most common diseases in the world and it is difficult to control it only in follow up the sugar level in the blood, then using specific food system. The application uses some medical functions and protocols to provide the user with a simple design and several other features. The important feature is using specific function to give the patient the insulin dose that he should take it.
2. Supriya H S,Mrs. Rekha R J, April, 2015, “Medi Minder : A Blood Sugar Monitoring Application Using Android”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 4.
3. Shoback, edited by David G. Gardner, Dolores, 2016, " Greenspan's basic & clinical endocrinology (9th ed.)”, New York : McGraw-Hill Medical, https ://disqus.com/.../greenspan_basic_and_clinical_endocrinology_9th_pdf
4. Roshan V. Sawarkar , Mahadev S. Patil, 2015, “ Smart Diabater : Android Based Diabetics System”, International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science Volume 4, Issue 8, ISSN :2319.
5. SkeieS, KristenseGB, CarlsenS, SandbergS, January, 2009 , “Self-monitoring of blood glucose in type 1 diabetes patients with insufficient metabolic control” Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, Volume 3.
6. Svein Skeie, Gunn B. B. Kristensen, 2009, “Focused self-monitoring of blood glucose intervention can lower glycated hemoglobin A1C. “ Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology Volume 1.
7. AllemannS, HourietC, DiemP, StettlerC. December, 2009, “Self-monitoring of blood glucose in non-insulin treated patients with type 2 diabetes : a systematic review and meta-analysis. “Journal of Cuit Med Res Opin Volume 12.
8. Saurabh Bhardwaj, Priyanka Chouhan, February 2013, ” Android Operating Systems”, International Journal of Engineering Technology & Management Research Journal homepage, Volume 1, Issue 1.
10. https ://diatribe.org/22-factors-affect-blood-glucose-levels?
12. https://dtc.ucsf.edu/types-of diabetes/type2/treatment-of-type-2-diabetes/medications-and-therapies/type-2-insulin-rx/calculating-insulin-dose/#calculatehigh
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.