The relationship between the percentage of disability and the level of education in the city of Erbil
This study aimed to identify the relationship between the percentage of disability and the level of education in the Kurdistan Region and that the study area is the city of Erbil, and the sample of the study consisted of (105) disabled and handicapped from the city of Erbil. The final results of the study sample were classified according to the type of their disability, as shown in Table (1).
For the purposes of the study, the researcher prepared two scales. The first measures the percentage of disability for the injured, according to medical reports and statistics of the organizations to which they belong. The second measures the level of study through the certificates they obtained. It shows that of (105) with disabilities, there is no higher degree (Master's and Ph.D.) and only two of them have a bachelor's degree, but the results of the study showed that disability is not the reason for dropping out of school and the low educational level of the disabled "according to the chi-square test"
This indicates that we accept the hypothesis of H0, that is, there is no relationship between the percentage of disability with the educational level of the disabled person.
In light of the results of the study, the researcher recommends the need to develop plans to open the door for admission to institutes and colleges in which the disabled have the right to complete their studies after passing the medical examination for admission, taking into account the necessity of facilitating the medical examination procedures, encouraging them to marry, and opening the way for them to drive the car for those who qualify for that in order to return to the Participation in the production process and within the resources and human energy and participation in the process of building in society and their role in that.
الراوي، خاشع محمود (1980)، " المدخل الى الاحصاء "، جامعة موصل.
منتدى التجمع المعني بحقوق المعاق (1982)"رعاية المعاقين بين الشرائع السماوية،" ، الاصدار الاول.
سليم ذياب السعدي،(2004) مبادئ علم الاحصاء, ، بنغازي - ليبيا, الطبعة الأولى.
عبد العزيز الشخص، (1992)ثر أسلوب الرعاية على مستوى القلق لدى المكفوفين واتجاهاتهم نحو الإعاقة البصرية، مجلة مركز معاقات الطفولة، العدد الأول، جامعة الأزهر.
عثمان لبيب فرّاج،(2001)"استراتيجيات مستحدثة في برامج رعاية وتأهيل الأطفال ذوي الاحتياجات الخاصة" منشور بمجلة الطفولة والتنمية - عدد (2)، يناير.
علي محمد، (1998) "التقبل الاجتماعي لدى المراهقين الصم وضعاف السمع والعاديين" المؤتمر القومي السابع للاتحاد ذوي الاحتياجات الخاصة والقرن الحادي والعشرين في10 ديسمبر - الوطن العربي، اتحاد هيئات رعاية الفئات الخاصة والمعاقين، القاهرة.1998.
محمد يوسف محمد محمود، (1992) "المشكلات النفسية لدى الأطفال المكفوفين وعلاقتها بالتحصيل الدراسي، مجلة معاقات الطفولة، العدد السادس، جامعة الأزهر-مركز إعاقات الطفولة.
أميرحنا هرمز، (1989)"مدخل في الاحصاء", بغداد, الطبعة الأولى.
هادي نعمان الهيتي،(2002) "الاتصال الجماهيري حول ظاهرة الإعاقة بين الأطفال"، منشور بمجلة الطفولة والتنمية، عدد (5)، فبراير 2002.
Haring & Ryndak )1994( “Teaching Makes a Difference”. E-book http://books.google.iq,
Downing, J Eichinger. (1997) “Special Education”, journas.sagepub.com,.
R Gulliford, G Upton.( 2002) “Special Educational needs”, books.google.com,
GL Albrecht, KD Seelman.( 2001) “Handbook of disability studies”, books.google.com.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Abdullah Mohammed Ozer
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.