Determining the impact of the estimated receivables from the income management entrance in the capital investment decision-making
The study focused on testing the relationship between the capital investment decisions of companies and the future returns by introducing returns management models, based on the point of view that emphasizes the necessity of adopting capital investment decisions on the quality of investment rather than the amount of investment. Returns of a sample of industrial joint stock companies listed in the Iraqi Stock Exchange for the period 2009-2017 using quarterly data, and the research indicated that the existence of returns management practices does not affect the capital investment decisions taken by the management, given that it possesses accurate and complete information about the profitability of their companies compared to other parties. dealing with the company, due to the existence of informational asymmetry between the various parties dealing with the company, and the management’s possession of high-quality information compared to other parties that rely on financial analysis or on the company’s declared returns, and the study concluded that there is no reliance on discretionary receivables to predict future returns, i.e. no Absolutely reliable in taking s In their investment choices, return management practices may be of an informational nature in that managers use their wisdom and know-how to provide investors with the information they possess from their future point of view.
التميمي، عباس حميد و الساعدي، حكيم حمود، 2015، إدارة الأرباح،عوامل نشوئها وأساليبها وسبل الحد منها، دار غيداء للنشر والتوزيع، الطبعة الأولى، العراق.
جميل، ابراهيم محمد، 2010، قياس العلاقة بين الإفصاح المحاسبي وإدارة العوائد بالتطبيق على عينة مختارة من الشركات المساهمة العربية، رسالة ماجستير غير منشورة، كلية الادارة والاقتصاد، جامعة الموصل.
الجميل، سرمد كوكب، 2016، مراجعة منهجية في الفكر المالي، Noor للنشر، المانيا.
الجميل، سرمد كوكب، 2018، المدخل الى الأسواق المالية، شركة دار الأكاديميون للنشر والتوزيع، عمان، الأردن.
حبيب، عقيل حمزة، 2003، تمهيد الدخل، دراسة ميدانية في عينة مختارة من الشركات الصناعية، رسالة ماجستير غير منشورة، الجامعة المستنصرية.
حمودي، وفاء يونس، 2010، أثر حوكمة الشركات في إدارة الأرباح مدخل أخلاقي - دراسة لعينة مختارة من الشركات المساهمة في محافظة نينوى، رسالة ماجستير غير منشورة، جامعة الموصل.
الدوسكي، شفان احمد محمد، 2006، إدارة العوائد كمدخل لتعظيم قيمة المنظمة- دراسة ميدانية في عينة من المؤسسات المالية العربية، رسالة ماجستير غير منشورة، جامعة الموصل.
.10المراجع باللغة الأجنبية
Arar, S., Al-Sheikh, E., Hardan, A., 2018, The Relationship between Earnings Management and Stock Price Liquidity, International Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 13, No. 4.
Belkaoui, Ahmed Riahi, 1999, Earnings Measurement, Determination, Management, and Usefulness, Greenwood Publishing Group, Inc., USA.
Bešlić, I., Bešlić, D., Jakšić, D., Andrić, M., 2015, Testing the Models for Detection of Earnings Management, Industrija, Vol.43, No.3.
Bodie, Z. , Kane, A., Marcus, A., 2014, Investments, McGraw-Hill Education, 10TH Edition, USA.
Consoni, S., Colauto, R., de Lima, G., 2017, Voluntary disclosure and earnings management: evidence from the Brazilian capital market, R. Cont. Fin. – USP, Săo Paulo, VOL. 28, NO. 74.
Dechow, P., Sloan,R., Sweeney, A., 1995, Detecting Earnings Management, The Accounting Review, Vol. 70, No. 2.
Farshadfar, Shadi & Monem, Reza, 2011, Discretionary Accruals and The Predictive Ability of Earnings in The Forecast of Future Cash Flows: Evidence From Australia, Corporate Ownership & Control, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
Gill, A., Biger, N., Mand, H., Mathur, N., 2013, Earnings Management, Firm Performance, and the Value of Indian Manufacturing Firms, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 116, PP. 120-132.
Gurkan, Serhan , 2016, Comprehension of Discretionary Accruals Models: Evidence of Turkey and EU, The Macrotheme Review VOL. 5, NO. 4.
Julio, Brandon & Yook, Youngsuk, 2016, Earnings Management and Corporate Investment Decisions, Working Paper No. 2016-086, in SSRN Electronic Journal.
Kashmiri, Hawazin, 2014, Testing Accruals Based Earnings Management Models in an International Context, MSC Thesis, Massey University.
Kim, Tae Wook, 2016, Essays on Earnings Management, Investment Efficiency,and Managerial Incentives, PhD Thesis, Carnegie Mellon University.
Kwarbai J., Jayeoba, O., Ajibade A., Nwaobia A., 2016, Financial Reporting Quality on Investors’ Decisions, International Journal of Economics and Finance Research, Vol. 2, No.
Li, Feng, 2011, Earnings Quality Based on Corporate Investment Decisions, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 49, Issue 3.
Li, Kevin Ke & Tang, Vicki Wei, 2008, Earnings Quality and Future Capital Investment: Evidence from Discretionary Accruals, Article in SSRN Electronic Journal.
Lin, Feng-Li, 2011, Is Earnings Management Opportunistic or Beneficial in Taiwan? Application of Panel Smooth Transition Regression Model, International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 3, No. 1.
Machdar, N., Manurung, A., Murwaningsari, E., 2017, The Effects of Earnings Quality, Conservatism, and Real Earnings Management on the Company’s Performance and Information Asymmetry as a Moderating Variable, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Vol. 7 , Issue 2.
McNichols, Maureen F. & Stubben, Stephen R., 2008, Does Earnings Management Affect Firms’ Investment Decisions?, The Accounting Review, Vol. 83, No. 6.
Mohapatra, Siddharth, 2012, Earnings Management, Human Rationality, and Relative Deprivation -- Some Critical Assessments, PhD Thesis, Uniersită Ca, Fafoscari, Venezia.
Moradi, Mohammad Ali & Nezami, Ahmad, 2011, Influence of Ownership Structure on Earning Quality in the Listed Firms of Tehran Stock Exchange, International Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 2, No. 4.
Pantzar, Jere, 2016, CEOs and Earnings Management: The Distributional Anomalies of Discretionary Accruals in Post- SOX Era, MSC Thesis, Aalto University.
Patrick, Z., Tavershima, A., Eje, E., 2017, Effect of Financial Information on Investment Decision Making By Shareholders of Banks in Nigeria, Journal of Economics and Finance, Volume 8, Issue 3.
Purwanti, Meilani & Kurniawan, Aceng, 2013, The Effect Of Earnings Management And Disclosure On Information Asymmetry, International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research, Vol. 2, Issue 8.
Rad, S., Embong, Z., Mohd-Saleh, N., Jaffar, R., 2016, Financial Information Quality and Investment Efficiency: Evidence From Malaysia, Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 12, No. 1.
Rani, P., Hussain, F., Chand, P., 2013, Managerial Incentives for earnings management among listed Firms: Evidence from Fiji, Global Journal Of Business Research, Vol. 7, No. 1.
Reilly, K. Frank & Brown, C.Keith, 2012, Investment Analysis & Portfolio Manangement, South-Western Cengage Learning, 10TH Edition, USA.
Ronen, Joshua & Yaari, Varda, 2008, Earnings Management, Emerging Insights in Theory, Practice, and Research, Springer Science+Business Media, USA.
Thi, Lua Luong, 2015, Earnings management through accrual-based analysis Case study: Stockmann Oy Abp from 2005-2014 , Degree Thesis, International Busines– BBA11.
Tung Au & Thomas P. Au, 1992, Engineering Economics for Capital Investment Analysis, Prentice-Hall, Inc., 2nd Edition, USA.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Sarmad K. Jameel, Basam A. Abdullah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.