Kurdistan Region and the Building of the Political System in Federal Iraq
Because Iraq is a “Federal State, that is, it is one of the “Complex States of the “Political System”, and the regions in this form of states are characterized as independent units with authority, and they are ruling units that have an independent authority that allows them to exercise certain authority over their citizens within a certain geographical scope, and the competencies of each of the federal authorities are determined And the authorities of the federal regions by the Federal Constitution, which regulates the relationship between the federal government and the governments of the regions, and the regions in the federal state give up part of their internal sovereignty in favor of the federal government and retain the other part, and also give up their external sovereignty in favor of the federal government, and the laws issued by the federal authorities Or decisions within the scope of their constitutional competence that are binding at the level of the federal state, and the laws and decisions issued by the authorities of the regions within the scope of their constitutional competence are binding at the level of the federal region only.
The “Federal Authorities” exercise competencies of a sovereign nature, especially in the areas related to the external affairs of the “Federal State”, in terms of representing (the state abroad, practicing diplomatic work, entering into international agreements, declaring war and peace and joining international organizations).
Therefore, it was necessary to conduct a study of “The Role Of Regions In Building The Political System In The Federal States”, in order to show the role of (Kurdistan Region) in this as a (case study)”, where the problem between the “Federal Government” and the “Regional Government” lies in the lack of commitment to the constitution as the government is trying “Federalism” is to limit the “Authority of the Regional Government” through its attempts to bypass the constitution, retreat from federalism, and tighten its grip on state institutions.
The legitimacy of federation depends on the ways in which the federal system defines borders and authority is distributed. When federation works to meet these demands, it reinforces the belief among some that the community has “Self-Determination” and is able to exercise “Complete Sovereignty”.
The (Kurdistan Region) enjoys the constitutional right and the system of institutions in the region based on (Constitutional Independence, Legislative Independence, Executive Independence, Judicial Independence, and Financial Independence). It plays a major role in building the political system; this is as a result of the role played by those regions in establishing the basics of the establishment of the state, as well as the authorities’ exercise of their authority (Legislative, Executive, and Judicial).
أحمد هاشم الدفاعي، العراق تحت الاحتلال الأمريكي، محاضر مجلس الحكم الانتقالي، دار الطليعة الحديث، بیروت، 2005.
د. عبد الرحمن سليمان الزيباري، السلطة القضائية في النظام الفيدرالي، الطبعة الأولى، مكتبة زين الحقوقية والأدبية، بيروت، 2013.
د. محمد عمر مولود، الفيدرالية وإمكانية تطبيقها كنظام السياسي (العراق أنموذجاً)، الطبعة الأولى، المؤسسة الجامعية للدراسات والنشر والتوزيع، بيروت، 2009.
سيف الخياط، كيف حكموا العراق، أوراق من دهاليز مجلس الحكم، مؤسسة السفير للتوزيع، بغداد، بلا تأريخ.
عدنان الباچەچی، في عين الاعصار، دار الساقي، بيروت، 2013.
فراس عبد الرزاق السوداني، العراق، مستقبل بدستور غامض، نقد قانون ادارة الدولة العراقية للمرحلة الانتقالية، دار عمار للنشر والتوزيع، عمان، 2005.
قانون إدارة الدولة العراقية للمرحلة الإنتقالية لسنة (2004).
دستور جمهورية العراق لعام (2005).
قانون رقم (1) لسنة (1992) قانون المجلس الوطني لكوردستان العراق.
قانون مجلس وزراء إقليم كوردستان- العراق قانون رقم (3) لسنة (1992) المعدل.
قرار رقم (11) لسنة (2009) التعديل السادس للنظام الداخلي لبرلمان كوردستان– العراق رقم (1) لسنة (1992).
القانون رقم (10) لسنة (1997) قانون إيقاف العمل بالقانون رقم (2) لسنة (1992) قانون انتخاب قائد الحركة التحررية الكوردية.
النظام الداخلي لبرلمان كوردستان- العراق رقم (1) لسنة (1992) المعدل.
القانون رقم (1) لسنة (2005) قانون هيئة رئاسة إقليم كوردستان- العراق.
القانون رقم (16) لسنة (2008) قانون رقم (16) لسنة (2008) قانون اقرار دستور إقليم كوردستان- العراق.
قانون رقم (9) لسنة (2009) قانون التعديل الأول لقانون اقرار دستور إقليم كوردستان- العراق رقم (16) لسنة (2008).
القانون رقم (4) لسنة (2015) قانون إعداد مشروع دستور كوردستان- العراق للاستفتاء المعدل.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Academic Journal of Nawroz University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.