Modified Lsb For Hiding Encrypted Kurdish Text Into Digital Image
Image files can hide text without their size being affected too much. This process called steganography which allows hiding text in images without any suspicions from intruders. This paper addresses an improved LSB substitution algorithm for hiding Kurdish text information written in text file into digital image as steganography technique. The algorithm consists of two main phases, the first phase holds the encryption of the Kurdish text message and the embedded technique while the second phase hold the message extraction followed by decryption to get the original code of each character. The algorithm contains many procedures to enhance this process. Least Significant Bit method is used to hide the Kurdish text, in order to keep the features and characteristics of the original image. Applying the proposed approach shows that it seems work in a best case by hiding and retrieving text from the digital image which is used as a carrier of this text. Delphi 2010 was used to simulate both encrypt-embedded phase and extract-decrypt phase, and the results were obtained with high and security which proved the efficiency of the algorithm, where the hidden Kurdish text didn’t make any distortion or change over the cover image.
2. Dr. Salman Abd Kadum, Tameem Hameed Abaidah, (2010), “Enhancement an Algorithm to Hide a text into a Digital Image as a Steganography Technique” https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=48620/
3. Kefa Rabah , (2004), “Steganography-The Art of Hiding Data”, Information Technology Journal ,Volume 3 (3): 245-269.
4. Nada Elya Tawfiq, baraa salim, (2015), “An enhanced steganography technique for crypting&hiding arabic text in to digital image”, Journal of university of Duhok, Volume 3, No. (1).
5. Ammar Odeh, Khaled Elleithy, Miad Faezipour, (2013), “Steganography in Arabic Text Using Kashida Variation Algorithm”,
7. Mr. Falesh M. Shelke1, Miss. Ashwini A. Dongre2, Mr. Pravin D. Soni3, February (2014), “Comparison of different techniques for Steganography in images “, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) Web Site: www.ijaiem.org Email: [email protected], [email protected] Volume 3, Issue 2, ISSN 2319 - 4847].
9. Anwar H. Ibrahim, Waleed M. Ibrahim, January / February, (2013), " Text Hidden in Picture Using Steganography: Algorithms and Implications for Phase Embedding and Extraction Time", International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS ) (ISSN No : 2091-1610 ) Volume 7 : No : 3.
10. Cabinet.gov.krd , Retrieved 2016-03-01, "Kurdistan Regional Government (Kurdish article)".
11. Kyumars Sheykh Esmaili, (2013), “Sorani Kurdish versus Kurmanji Kurdish: An Empirical Comparison” Conference paper.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.