The Role of the Human Resources Information System in the Practice of Human Resources Management Strategies: A survey of the views of a sample of teaching staff at the faculties of Cihan University-Erbil
The research aims at clarifying the role of the human resources information system (Activities field ، Employee field ، Employees field totally ، Positions field) in the practices of HRM (human resource management strategy) (Recruitment, Performance Evaluation, Training, Compensation and incentives activities). The research problem is in the weakness of HRM strategy because of lack of information. The study was launched from two main assumptions to explore the correlation and influence between the two research variables by analyzing the answers of the research sample, which included 64 teacher in faculties at the University of Cihan-Erbil, and then analyzing the data using the SPSS program and a set of statistical methods, arithmetic mean, the standard deviation, repetition, percentages, correlation coefficient and simple linear regression equation.
The study reached a number of conclusions, the most important of which are: The relationship and impact of the human resources information system in human resource strategy practices. The researcher recommended increasing the interest and investment in the human resources information system for its role in activating and enhancing Human Resources Strategy Practices.
AL-Ahmar, M. A. (2007) ''The Impact of Human Resource Management Strategies in Operational Strategy", A Survey of the Sample Opinions of Directors at the General Company for Electrical Industries, Master of Industrial Management (MS), Introduction to the Faculty of Management and Economics, University of Baghdad.
Al-Amari, S. M. & Al-Ghalebi, T, M. (2007) "Management and Business", Dar Wael Publishing and Distribution, Amman.
Al-maghrabi, A. A. (2002). Management Information Systems. Foundation and Principles, Modern Office Mansoura.
Al-Hitty, K. A. M. (2003) “Human Resources Management Strategic Approach”, 1st floor, Dar Wael Publishing and Distribution, Amman.
Al-Qady, Z. M. (2012) Relationship of strategic practices to human resources management and employee performance and its impact on the performance of organizations: An applied study on private universities in Jordan, Middle East University, Business Faculty.
Al-Qahtany, M. W. (2008) Human Resources Management Towards an Integrated Strategic Approach, Second Edition, Dar Al Obeikan Publishing.
Al-Qaisy, B. J. & Al-Rikaby, H. F. (2015) Achieving Administrative Control Requirements in accordance with Human Resource Management Practices: Field Research in the Inspectors' Offices for a Number of Iraqi Ministries, Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Volume (21), (86).
Al-Salem, M.S. & Saleh, A. H. (2002). Human Resource Management: Strategic Approach, The World of Modern Books for Publishing and Distribution, Second Edition, Irbid, Jordan.
Al – Taan, H. F. (2013) The Impact of Human Resource Management Strategies on Achieving Strategic Success: A Field Study in the Ministry of Transport, Al-Dananir Journal, Vol. (1), No. (3).
Benchmarking human resource information systems.
Cascio, W. F. & Awad, E. (1981) "Human Resources Information Management: an Information System Approach", 1st edition, USA: Printice hall.
Denisi, Angelo. S & Griffin, Ricky W. (2001) Human Resource Management , Houghton Mifflinc Company , Bosten.
E-HRM. Hershey, PA: IGI Global
Haji Hassan, A. A. (2010) Human Resource Management Practices and their Impact on Institutional Excellence: An Applied Study in Zain Kuwait Mobile Telecommunications Company, Middle East University, Business Fsculty.
Hendrickson, A. R. (2003). "Human Resource information Systems: Backbone technology of contemporary human resources", Journal of Labor Research, Vol. 24 No. 3, pp 381-394.
III Internaonal Symposium Engineering Management and Compeveness (EMC
Ivancevich, J., L., Peter, S., J. & Crosby, P., B. (1997) Management Quality and Competitiveness ,2th ed, Publishing , MaGraw – Hill Book . Co.
Krishna, C. Y.S., & Bhaskar, S. V. (2011). Assessment of support and benefits of HRIS in medium-scale textile industries. International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences, 1(2), 48-57.
Laudon, K. C. & Laudon, J. p. (2004) Management information systems: Managing the digital firm, (8th ed.), Pearson education LTD, Inc., N. J.
Maher, A. (2009) "Human Resource Management", University House for Publishing and Distribution, Alexandria.
Manoharan,T., & Muralidharan. C., & Deshmukh, S. (2012) "A composite model for employees' performance appraisal and improvement" , European Journal of Training and Development ,V 36 , N.4.
Moideenkutty, U., Al-Lamki, A., & Murthy, Y. (2011) "HRM practices and organizational performance in Oman", Personnel Review, Vol. 40 No. 2, pp. 239-251.
Mondy, R. W. (2008), Human Resource Management, 10th ed, Pearson Education, Inc, New Jersey.
Noe, R. A., Hollenback, J., Geraint, B., & Wright, P. (1994) "Human Resource Management": Gaining a Competitive Advantage, Richard D. Irwin, USA.
Omar, W. Akili. (2005) Contemporary Human Resource Management, Aleppo University, Dar Wael Publishing, First Edition.
O'riordan, J. (2017). The Practice of Human Resource Management. IPA- An Foras Riarachain Institute of Public Administration.
Ostermann, H., & Staudinger, R. (2009) Benchmarking human resource information systems. In T. Coronas & M. Oliva (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Human Resources Information Systems: Challenges in E-HRM. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Ostermann, H., Staudinger, B.,& Staudinger, R. (2009).
Palaiologos, A.P. (2011) "Organizational justice and employee satisfaction in performance appraisal", Emerald Vol. 6.
Putzier, J. J. (2001) Innovative ways to make your company a great place to work; Amacom,.
Radhi, J. M. & Hussain, A. A. (2014) Impact of Human Resource Management Practices on Strategic Performance: An Analytical Study of the Views of University Leaders in Qadisiyah University Faculties, Al-Kout Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, No. (16(.
Robert L., M. & John, H. J. (2010). Human Resource Management. 13th edition.
Silva, M. S. A. & Lima, C.G. S. (2018). The Role of Information Systems in Human Resource Management. DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.79294
Slavić, A., & Berber, A. (2013) The role of information systems in human resources. In III international Symposium Engineering Management and Competitiveness (EMC 2013), EMC, Zrenjanin, Serbia, 21-22 June (pp. 434-439).
Slavić, A., & Berber, N. (2013). The role of informaon systems in human resources. In
T. Coronas & M. Oliva (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Human Resources Information Systems: Challenges in
Taher, F.J. &, Ali, A. A. (2015) The Role of Human Resource Management Practices in Human Capital Investment, Applied Research in the Ministry of Health, Volume (1), Issue (7).
Zatary, A. H. (2013) the practices of human resource strategies and their role in strategic flexibility in Palestinian Islamic banks, Middle East University, Business Faculty.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.