Adapting Technology Acceptance Model to Predict Attitudes Toward Using E-Management Exploratory study of the views of the heads of the scientific departments at the University of Duhok
This study aimed to present the concept of (TAM) and e-management, and use the two constructsof TAM (perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness) as perceptual determinants for attitudes toward using e-management at the University of Duhok.
The study adopted the descriptive approach, and utilized the questionnaire for data collection.
The study society consisted of all Heads of scientific departments at the university during the academic year 2016/2017 (N=52). The questionnaire was distributed to all members of the study society, and the response rate was (100%). A numerous of statistical methods were used to analyze the data and test the hypotheses which provided for the existence of significant correlation and impact between both perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness and the attitudes towards using e-management.
The results of study showed that most of the respondents held a positive attitude towards using e-management. The results also showed that there is a statistically significant impact of both perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness on the attitudes towards using e-management, with moral significance at (P ≤ 0.01). The study presented a set of suggestions among them developing training programs that raise the level of perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness of e-management among administrative leaders in the university, and qualify them to deal with the use of e-management.
1. Jae Won, Jung (2010), The Role of Social Media in E-Leading, Master’s Thesis in Media Technology, Royal Institute of Technology, School of Computer Science and Communication, Stockholm, Sweden.
7.2 Periodicals & Journals
1. Abu-Ashour , Khalifeh and Al-Nimry Deana, (2013)The Level of Applying Electronic Administration at Yarmouk University as Perceived by Administrators and Faculty Members, Jordanian Journal of Educational Sciences, Volume 9, Number 2, pp:199-220.
2. Alrahahle ,Abdelrazaq Salem (2014), The Impact of E-Management and the Role of Human Resource Development in Improving the Performance of the Organization, International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 10; September pp:264-271.
3. Avolio, B. J., Kahai, S., & Dodge, G. E. (2000). E-leading: Implications for theory, research, and practice. The LeadingQuarterly , 11 (4), 615-668.
4. Bataineh ,Khaled Adnan ,(2017),The Impact of E-managementon the Employees' Performance ,Field Study on the Public Organizations and Governance in Jerash
5. Governorate, Journal of Management and Strategy ,8(5),86-100).
6. Davis, F.D., Bagozzi, R.P., &Warshaw, P.R. (1989). User acceptance of computer technology: a comparison of two theoretical models. Management Science, 35(8), 982-1003.
7. Ellatif ,HuthaifaAbdelkarim and Sammani , Abdulmutalib Ahmed (2013), E-Management: Configuration, Functions and Role in Improving Performance of Arab Institutions and Organization, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 80 – No.6, October.
8. Ghazi. I.; RahoMuzhir; Shaban Al-Ani; Khattab M. and Ali Al-Heeti, (2015), E- University Environment Based on E-management,International Journal of Computational Engineering Research (IJCER), Volume 5, Issue,
9. Henderson, R. &Divett., M., J. (2003). Perceived usefulness, ease of use and electronic supermarket use. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 59, 383-395.
10. Khammas, G. S. (2002). Information Technology and Its Impact on the Etechnical Setting in the Elibraries. IraqiMagazine for Libraries And Information, 6(2), 146-158.
11. King, R. R. & He, J. A Meta-Analysis of the Technology Acceptance Model.
12. Information & Management. Vol. 43, 2007, 740-755.
13. Lai, P. C. (2017), The Literature Review Of Technology Adoption Models And Theories For The Novelty Technology, JISTEM - Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management Vol. 14, No. 1, Jan/Apr ,pp. 21-38 ISSN online: 1807-1775 DOI: 10.4301/S1807-17752017000100002.
14. Lai P. C. &Zainal A. A., (2015). Consumers’ Intention to Use a Single Platform E- PaymentSystem: A StudyamongMalaysian Internet and Mobile Banking Users. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce. (20) (1) 1-13.
15. Olushola Thomas and Abiola James O. (2017), the Efficacy of Technology Acceptance Model: A Review of Applicable Theoretical Models in Information Technology Researches, Journal of Research in Business and Management Volume 4, Issue 11 pp: 70-83, ISSN (Online): 2347-3002www.questjournals.org
16. Rawash Hassan N., (2014), Electronic Management's Contribution to the Development of Managerial Functions, Academic Research International Vol. 5(5) September, pp: 213-255, www.savap.org.pk 213 www.journals.savap.org.pk
17. Seresht, H. R., Fayyazi, M., &Asl, N. S. (2008). E-management: Barriers and Challenges in Iran. E-owerKraklead , 1-11.
18. Venkatesh, V., & Davis, F. D. (1996). A model of the antecedents of perceived ease of use: Development and test. Decision Sciences, 27(3), 451-481.
1. Masrom , Maslin(2007), Technology Acceptance Model and E-learning12th International Conference on Education, Sultan Hassan al Bolkiah Institute of Education University Brunei Darussalam ,21-24 May,https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228851659
1. Mafraji, A. H. (2007). E-governance "intellectual foundations and the establishment of requirements process". The Arab Organization for Administrative Development, Egypt.
2. Najem, N. A. (2004). E-management (strategic functions and problems), Dar al Mareekh, KSA.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.