Web Analyzer Software Tool in Order to Identify an Know the Behavior of Users That Visit Website
The goal of our paper is to design and implement a software tool in order to analyze Apache log file of a website. In this project, a software tool is created that is called web analyzer software tool in order to identify and know the behavior of users that visit a website. This information is used to improve the structure of a website.
Some facilities of our software tool are that it lets a website owner to know the number of requests per a specific day, number of requests per week, and most visited pages, number of visitors per day, most used operating systems during a log file. Moreover, the website owner can investigate an IP to know if it is blacklisted or not and what an IP had done during a specific day and how much an IP was online and what he/she wants. Based on this valuable info a website can response to the requests appropriately. The software tool can find location of any IP address, which browsers, and Operating systems used by the user and the software tool can determine the new visitors to the website daily. Moreover, we can detect the countries of IP address and we show them graphically on a chart. By using this software, we can measure and analyze the website log files easily. The C# language is used for coding; Java script is used to find the location of the IPs.
 Catherine, D., Yi, Z., & Starr, R. (2004). Using Web Analytics to Measure the Activity in a. Dwyer et al., 11. Clifto, B. (2009). Advanced Web Metrics with Google. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
 Hakem, B., & Geert, D. (2009). A Statistical Tech-nique to Resist. SECURITY AND COMMUNICA-TION NETWORKS, 18.
 H. (2006). Measuring the Success of Your Website: A Customer Centric Approach to Website Measure-ment. Person Education Australia.
 Jansen, B. J. (2006). Search log analysis: What it is, what's been done. Library & Information Science Re-search, 26.
 Kumar, P. D. (2016). Overview of System Anaylsis and Design.
 L.K. Joshila, G., V.Maheswari, & Dhinaharan, N. (2011). ANALYSIS OF WEB LOGS AND WEB USER IN WEB MINING. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), 12.
 PETERSON, E. T. (2004). WEB ANALYTICS DEMYDFIED.
 Sterne, J. (2002). Web Metrics: Proven Methods for Measuring Website Success. New York: John Wiley & Sons,Inc.
 Strickland, J. (2011). Systems Engineering Pro-cesses and Practice. Lulu press.
 Suneetha, K. R., & Krishnamoorthi, D. R. (2009). Identifying User Behavior by Analyzing Web Server. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 6.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Academic Journal of Nawroz University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.