A Smart Home Design Based on Ethernet
People are getting more concerned to protect their houses from unauthorized people, the status of the house environment like temperature, humidity, gas leakage and fire. The proposed system can monitor a house by use of sensors that are integrated with an Arduino microcontroller and an Ethernet shield unit. Notification message is used to alert users via mobile phone when a possible intrusion occurs or any abnormal events occurs in the Home environment. Nowadays, everyone is almost using mobile phone so via using this system, the users will not have to carry additional devices to monitor their house. This system is designed using modularity to become a flexible system that can be add more sensors without change the whole system, only add some sensors to increase systems functionality. So this system is a modular home security system using Ethernet that uses the internet via Blynk application function to initiate the communication between the system and the user.
Butt, M., Khanam, M., Khan, A., & Khiyal, M. S. H. (2010). Controlling Home Appliances Remotely Through Voice Command. IJACSA) Interna tiona l Journal of Adva nced Computer Science a nd Applica tions, Special Issue on Wireless & Mobile Networks, 35-39.
Chitnis, S., Deshpande, N., & Shaligram, A. (2016). An Investigative Study for Smart Home Security: Issues, Challenges and Countermeasures. Wireless Sensor Network, 8(04), 77.
Gao, L., Wang, Z., Zhou, J., & Zhang, C. (2016). Design of Smart Home System Based on ZigBee Technology and R&D for Application. Energy and Power Engineering, 8(01), 13.
Han, J., Choi, C. S., Park, W. K., Lee, I., & Kim, S. H. (2014). Smart home energy management system including renewable energy based on ZigBee and PLC. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, 60(2), 198-202.
Lee, K. C., & Lee, H. H. (2004). Network-based fire-detection system via controller area network for smart home automation. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, 50(4), 1093-1100.
Liu, Y. (2013). Study on smart home system based on internet of things technology. In Informatics and Management Science IV (pp. 73-81). Springer London.
Piyare, R. (2013). Internet of things: ubiquitous home control and monitoring system using android based smart phone. International Journal of Internet of Things, 2(1), 5-11.
Shewale, A. N., & Bari, J. P. (2015). Renewable Energy Based Home Automation System Using ZigBee. Renewable Energy, 5(3).
Teymourzadeh, R., Ahmed, S. A., Chan, K. W., & Hoong, M. V. (2013, December). Smart GSM based home automation system. In Systems, Process & Control (ICSPC), 2013 IEEE Conference on (pp. 306-309). IEEE.
Vanus, J., Vojcinak, P., Martinek, R., Kelnar, M., Machacek, Z., Bilik, P., ... & Zidek, J. (2016). Building heating technology in Smart Home using PI System management tools. Perspectives in Science, 7, 114-121.
Wu, C. L., Liao, C. F., & Fu, L. C. (2007). Service-oriented smart-home architecture based on OSGi and mobile-agent technology. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews), 37(2), 193-205.
Zhang, R., Zou, X., & Huang, W. (2013). A Smart Home System Design Based on GSM. Communications and Network, 5(01), 25.
Zhai, Y., Liu, Y., Yang, M., Long, F., & Virkki, J. (2014). A survey study of the usefulness and concerns about smart home applications from the human perspective. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 2(11), 119.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.