The reality of use information and communication technology (ICT) in university education/ Nawroz University as a model
Keywords:ICT, university education, IT skills required by teaching, constraints on the use of ICT in university education
The role of information and communication technology (ICT) is increasing in building the present, shaping the future and building an evolving society, Technology has become a fundamental requirement in various areas of life, especially in the field of education, It is noticeable that demand is growing day by day in various parts of the world for the use of modern technologies of information and communication technology in the development of systems and the development of methods of education to provide students with the knowledge and skill they need. Technology has a significant impact on the development of traditional teaching and teaching methods, The revolution of technology and knowledge requires that educational systems focus on how to learn and think rather than teach the same knowledge, Fitting the student to how to access and handle knowledge is more important than filling the student's mind with this knowledge. In general, the research attempts to answer the following questions:
- Does the teaching staff of the University of Nawroz have sufficient skills to use ICT in the educational process?
- Is there an acceptance of the idea of integrating ICT in university education by faculty members?
3- What are the obstacles that a university professor may face when applying the idea of integrating ICT into university education?Therefore, this research aims to identify the reality of the use of information and communication technology in university education, specifically the University of Nawroz, based on the questionnaire form, The descriptive analytical approach was used to conduct the research. The study concluded with a number of conclusions, the most important of which is that the teaching staff agreed on the need to use ICT in university education, and made a number of proposals, including studies to determine the relationship between teaching specialization and the level of their expectation of benefiting from the use of technology in education.
1. طهيري، وفاء، (2011)، واقع إمتلاك الاستاذ الجامعي لمهارات إستخدام تكنولوجيا المعلومات وتقبله لفكرة دمج التعليم الالكتروني، رسالة ماجستير، جامعة الحاج لخضر، باتنة، الجزائر.
2. كريمة، قيجي، (2012) : تكنولوجيا المعلومات والاتصالات وتأثيرها على رضا زبائن المؤسسة المصرفية (دراسة لعينة من البنوك التجارية في منطقة ورقلة)، رسالة ماجستير، جامعة قاصدي مرباح، ورقلة، الجزائر.
3. الطبيب، مصطفى عبد العظيم، (2014)، انعكاسات تقنية المعلومات على العملية التعليمية من وجهة نظر أساتذة الجامعات، المؤتمر العربي حول التعليم العالي وسوق العمل.
4. اللامي، غسان قاسم داؤود، تحليل مكونات اﻟﺒﻨﻴﺔ اﻟﺘﺤﺘﻴﺔ ﻟﺘﻛﻨوﻟوﺠﻴﺎ اﻟﻤﻌﻠوﻤﺎت دارﺴﺔ اﺴﺘطﻼﻋﻴﺔ ﻓﻲ ﺒﻴﺌﺔ عمل ﻋراقية، ﻣﺟﻠﺔ ﻛﻠﻳﺔ بغداد للعلوم الاقتصادية الجامعة العدد الخاص بمؤتمر الكلية، (2013).
ثانياً : المصادر الاجنبية
1. Wiro، Ruth Diko، Atitudes towards computer usage as predictors of the classroom integration of information and communication technology at a rural south African، PHD Thesis، University of the free state، 2014.
2. Baishakhi Bhattacharjee and Kamal Deb، Role of ICT in 21st Century’s Teacher Education International Journal of Education and Information Studies، Volume 6، Number 1 (2016)، pp. 4-5
3. Davis، F.، Bagozzi، R. and Warshaw، P. 1989. User acceptance of computer technology : A comparison of two theoretical models. Journal of Management Science، 35(8) : 982–1003.
1. (طهيري – 2011 – الملاحق بدون صفحة).
2. (كريمة – 2012 – 3).
3. (الطبيب – 2010 - 4).
4. (طهيري – 2011 – 54)
5. Baishakhi and Kamal Deb – 2016 – 4-5))
6. (اللامي – 2013 – 10-11).
7. (طهيري – 2011 – 58).
8. (Wiro – 2014 – 31)
9. (Davis – 1989 – 35)
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.