Social Conflict in Bohjeen Novel by Nafeh Akrawi- Part One as an Example
Since the novel is an expression of reality with everything that is included in daily life, which the novelist portrayed in an artistic way, far away from feelings and emotions because he tries with all his rhetorical and expressive capabilities to accurately communicate the image and draw the broad lines of the main topic of his narration and narrates it in a simple way in order to convey the idea of his novel to the readersthrough personalities, whether flat or developing, in order to open the doors of secrets and mysteries hidden by members of society and embodied by the characters of the novel..
The novel (AlInsihar) (Part One) by the novelist (Nafi 'Aqrawi) talks about the fabric of a closed Kurdish society related to customs and traditions that cannot be tolerated. The conflict of all kinds is an integral part of the content of this narration, but the researcher took one type in order to penetrate into the side effects that it has on the psychology of individuals and to build their personality and draw their features in words to make the picture clear in front of the readers.
In addition to dealing with patriarchal authority and aristocratic authority by those with influence and property over the poor and the toiling class of peasants and those with limited income. So, the novelist portrayed the image of arbitrariness, the injustices of the rich, reaching the destruction of the dreams of society. In other words, he made the individual in conflict with life and those around him on the one hand and with the self on the other hand.
One of the driving factors for social conflict is poverty and deteriorating economic conditions and the absence of a constant source of livelihood and to ensure the life of the individual because the events of the novel date back to the end of the seventies and the beginning of the eighties of the last century. There were social instructions that help the poor, especially those in schools, so the protagonist (Said) it was he who revealed all aspects of life in that era.
The novelist did not forget the issue of nationalism and the national feeling of the Kurdish individual, because this issue in itself is another type of conflict between proving, imposing and recognizing nationalism and successive governments in that period.
2- احمد مختار عمر، معجم اللغة العربية المعاصرة، المجلد الاول، الطبعة الاولى، عالم الكتب، القاهرة، 2008.
3- اسماعيل بن حماد الجوهري، معجم الصحاح، اعتنى به: خليل مأمؤن شيحا، الطبعة الاولى، دار المعرفة، بيروت-لبنان، 2005.
4- جان بول سارتر، الوجود مذهب انساني، ترجمة، عبدالمنعم الحفني، الطبعة الاولى، 1964.
5- سعيد علوش، معجم المصطلحات الادبية المعاصرة، الطبعة الاولى، دار الكتاب اللبناني، بيروت، 1985.
6- عبدالرحمن البدوي، موسوعة الفلسفة، الطبعة الاولى، ج2، المؤسسة العربية للدراسات والنشر، 1984.
7- عبدالفتاح دويدار، سايكولوجية العلاقة بين المفهوم والذات والاتجاهات، د.ط، دار النهضة العربية، بيروت، 1992.
8- كامل محمد المغربي، السلوك التنظيمي ( مفاهيم واسس سلوك الفردوالجماعة في التنظيم)، الطبعة الثانية، دار الفكر للطباعة، عمان، الاردن، 1994.
9- محمد شفيق شيا، في الادب الفلسفي، الطبعة الثانية، مؤسسة بيروت،1986.
10- محمد عبدالرحمن عبدالله، علم الاجتماع النشأة والتطوير، دار المعرفة الجامعية، الاسكندرية، مصر، 1999.
11- محمد عبدالكريم الحوراني، النظرية المعاصرة في علم الاجتماع، الطبعة الاولى، دار مجدلاوي، عمان، الاردن، 2008.
12- محمد قاسم القريوتي، السلوك التنظيمي – دراسة السلوك الانساني الفردي والجماعي في منظمات الاعمال، الطبعة الخامسة، دار وائل، الاردت، 2009.
1- زيات فيصل ومخطار ديدوش محمد، نظرية الصراع الاجتماعي من منطق كارل ماركس الى منطق رالف داهرندوف، مجلة دراسات في علوم الانسان والمتجمع، جامعة جيجل، الجزائر،العدد(1)، مجلد (2)، مارس 2019.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Academic Journal of Nawroz University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.