Automatic Verification for Handwritten Based on GLCM Properties and Seven Moments
Keywords:Handwritten, GLCM, Seven Moments
In recent years, the need for community verification of personality has increased dramatically, and biometrics are becoming very important in many daily applications. Biometrics work to verify individuals based on measurable data for their descriptions and characteristics. Biometric systems have thus been able to verify or identify a person.
The fact that the use of handwritten signatures are recognized in all societies, and because they are biometric, has made signature verification an important biometric process. In this paper, a number of models are collected from hand signatures for a person to study the characteristics of the parity matrix for each of these signatures for the purpose of finding common factors between the characteristics of the matrix of these models. The practical aspect summarizes the removal of all empty spaces outside the frame of the signature image to be followed by the process of unifying the dimensions, and then drawing four characteristics of the matrix of the dialogues. The process is conducted on a sample of 100 samples to sign the person to draw the qualities of his signature and then find the common characteristics among those four attributes of the signatures group.
The tests conducted on 10 people proved that the adoption of the plastic qualities offers a clear distinction between people's manual signatures. More than 80% of the signatures of people who were approved for the test were found. Thus supporting the possibility of being adopted as a biometric standard for personal verification, Matlab has been adopted for the implementation of the software.
J. Sternberg,” Automated signature verification using handwriting pressure”, WESCON Technical Papers, 1975.
R.N. Nagel and A. Rosenfeld, “Computer detection of freehand forgeries”, IEEE Trans Computers, 1977.
N. Herbst and C. Liu,” Automatic signature verification based on accelerometry”, IBM J, 1977.
R. Plamondon and S.N. Srihari,” On-line and off-line handwriting recognition, IEEE, 2000.
Asaad, Renas Rajab. (2014). An Investigation of the Neuronal Dynamics Under Noisy Rate Functions. Thesis (M.S.), Eastern Mediterranean University, Institute of Graduate Studies and Research, Dept. of Computer Engineering, Famagusta: North Cyprus.
M.I Malik, M. Liwicki, L. Alewijnse, W. Ohyama, M. Blumenstein, and B. Found.,”competitions on signature verification and writer identification for on- and offline skilled forgeries” , 12th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, 2013.
F. Vargas, M.A. Ferrer, C.M. Travieso, and J.B. Alonso,”Off-line signature verification based on high pressure polardistribution”. In 11th Int. Conf. on Front. in Handwriting
D. Impedovo, G. Pirlo, and R. Plamondon,” Handwritten signature verification: New advancements and open”, 13th Int. Conf. on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognit., Italy, September, 2012.
S. N. Srihari, E. Cohen, J. J. Hull and L. Kuan,” A system to locate and recognize ZIP codes in hand- written addresses”, IJRE 1, 1989.
F. Kimura, K. Takashina, S. Tsuruoka and Y. Miyake, “Modified quadratic discriminant functions and the application to Chinese character recognition”, IEEE, 1987.
.F. Kimura, S. Tsuruoka and Y. Miyake, “On avoiding peaking phenomenon of the quadratic discriminant function”, 8th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition, Paris, 1986.
Parodi, M., G´omez, J.C., Alewijnse L. and Liwicki, M.,” Online Signature Verification: Automatic Feature Selection vs. FHE’s Choice”. Journal on Forensic Document Examination, Vol. 24 (2014).
M. Parodi and J.c. Gomez.,“Emerging Aspects in Handwritten Signature Verification”, World Scientific, 2014.
Terissi, L. Sad, G., G´omez, J.C. and Parodi, M.,” Noisy Speech Recognition based on Combined Audio-Visual Classifiers”, Stockholm, Sweden,2004.
Asaad, R. R., Sulaiman, Z. A., & Abdulmajeed, S. S. (2019). Proposed System for Education Augmented Reality Self English Learning. Academic Journal of Nawroz University, 8(3), 27–32. https://doi.org/10.25007/ajnu.v8n3a366
Hall E.L., (1979): "Computer Image Processing And Recognition", Academic Press, Inc.
Abdulfattah, G. M., Ahmad, M. N., & Asaad, R. R. (2018). A reliable binarization method for offline signature system based on unique signer’s profile. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE COMPUTING INFORMATION AND CONTROL, 14(2), 573-586.
Asaad, R. R., Abdulrahman, S. M., & Hani, A. A. (2017). Advanced Encryption Standard Enhancement with Output Feedback Block Mode Operation. Academic Journal of Nawroz University, 6(3), 1–10. https://doi.org/10.25007/ajnu.v6n3a70
Zhang and A.K. Jain, “Proceeding of the International” Conference on Biometric Authentication, volume 3072 of LNCS. Springer, 2004.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Academic Journal of Nawroz University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
- The researcher(s), whether a single or joint research paper, must sell and transfer to the publisher (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) through all the duration of the publication which starts from the date of entering this Agreement into force, the exclusive rights of the research paper/article. These rights include the translation, reuse of papers/articles, transmit or distribute, or use the material or parts(s) contained therein to be published in scientific, academic, technical, professional journals or any other periodicals including any other works derived from them, all over the world, in English and Arabic, whether in print or in electronic edition of such journals and periodicals in all types of media or formats now or that may exist in the future. Rights also include giving license (or granting permission) to a third party to use the materials and any other works derived from them and publish them in such journals and periodicals all over the world. Transfer right under this Agreement includes the right to modify such materials to be used with computer systems and software, or to reproduce or publish it in e-formats and also to incorporate them into retrieval systems.
- Reproduction, reference, transmission, distribution or any other use of the content, or any parts of the subjects included in that content in any manner permitted by this Agreement, must be accompanied by mentioning the source which is (the Academic Journal of Nawroz University) and the publisher in addition to the title of the article, the name of the author (or co-authors), journal’s name, volume or issue, publisher's copyright, and publication year.
- The Academic Journal of Nawroz University reserves all rights to publish research papers/articles issued under a “Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the paper/article by any means, provided that the original work is correctly cited.
- Reservation of Rights
The researcher(s) preserves all intellectual property rights (except for the one transferred to the publisher under this Agreement).
- Researcher’s guarantee
The researcher(s) hereby guarantees that the content of the paper/article is original. It has been submitted only to the Academic Journal of Nawroz University and has not been previously published by any other party.
In the event that the paper/article is written jointly with other researchers, the researcher guarantees that he/she has informed the other co-authors about the terms of this agreement, as well as obtaining their signature or written permission to sign on their behalf.
The author further guarantees:
- The research paper/article does not contain any defamatory statements or illegal comments.
- The research paper/article does not violate other's rights (including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trademark rights).
This research paper/article does not contain any facts or instructions that could cause damages or harm to others, and publishing it does not lead to disclosure of any confidential information.